Chapter Seven


That Night


"Grace!" I called through the door as I knocked.


"Come in!" the voice called back. I opened the door to find Grace in bed reading. I walked over and sat at the end of the bed where Grace is sitting. I wanted to make this huge speech about how much I love her and all the things I love about her. But I could figure out where to start, my mind as all over the place.


"I have to tell you something." I said.


"Are you ok?" Grace asked as she put down her book beside her.


"I'm in love with you, Grace. When you kissed me the night before I left, that was I knew that you were feeling what I'd felt for so long. That's also when I knew for sure that you're my person. I love you so much."


I looked at Grace who looked like she was about to cry but she's also smiling at me. She took my hand and just held it for a moment. She put her other hand on my face.


"What about Jacob?"


"Oh crap, that's right. He deserves to know. I'll go call him." I sighed as I got up and dialed his number. My breath was shaking, along with the rest of my body. I almost hung up the phone when I heard a deep voice answer the phone. Everything stopped for a second. All I could hear now was my heart rapidly beating.


"Frankie, where are you? I've been looking for you all day." Jacob asked worriedly.


"I'm in San Diego. With Grace. I left around three this morning."


"Why?"


"I'm in love with her, Jacob. I always have been. I thought I was coming for a visit but I think I want to stay for a while."


"How long's 'a while?'"


"Possibly the rest of my life.


I heard a sigh on the other end of the phone followed by the three beeps that told me he'd hung up. I put my phone down on the island in the kitchen for a moment before going back up to be with Grace. She'd started to talk about something involving being happy that I'm back but I wasn't paying enough attention to know exactly what it was she was saying.


"Frankie, are you listening?" Grace asked.


"No, I'm sorry, I wasn't. What were you saying?"


"Never mind. How'd it go with Jacob?"


"He asked me how long I was staying and I told him possibly the rest of my life."


"I thought you were just visiting."


"So did I. But when I saw you on the platform this morning, I knew I wanted to stay...forever."


Grace smiled as she put her hand on top of mine and rubbed her thumb back and forth on the back of my hand. I looked into those gorgeous blue eyes of the stunning blonde across from me. Every time I don't feel like myself, I just have to think about Grace and everything's ok.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful love story! I wish there were more movies and television shows on NetFlix as beautiful as this one.

    my blog
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment