Chapter Four

Grace


"I've been able to see how much love you have for Frankie for a while. I saw how crushed you were when she told you she was leaving for Santa Fe." Nick explained.


"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I didn't want to hurt you. I was scared of what I was feeling and I wasn't ready to face them. Plus, this isn't just anyone, it's Frankie. I've known her for over forty years."


"Grace, it's ok, I understand. I've been where you are. Last year, I fell for one of my guy friends. I felt exactly the same way you do; scared, confused. I was also seeing someone at the time but she didn't figure it out, so, I had to tell her. Which scared me shitless, even though a part of me knew she'd be fine with it. She understood that we had to break up. We still keep in touch, actually."


"So, you understand that we have to break up?"


"Yeah, I do." Nick smiled and leaned in to hug me. Once he left I ran out to Frankies studio.


Frankie


"Frankie!" I heard Grace almost scream excitedly. I turned around as the door flew open and saw how bright Graces face was.


"I'm guessing it went well." I smiled.


"It went great. He completely understood and he took the break up really well."


"What are you going to do when I leave?" I randomly asked.


"What are you talking about?  We still have a couple days before that happens.


"Jacob just called. We leave tomorrow afternoon."


In an instant the light on Graces face left and she started pacing the room. I wondered what she was thinking, what she was going to do and when she was going to stop pacing. I put my head into my hand and waited.


"Ok, I have an idea. We can still do our say yes night tonight, spend most of the day together tomorrow and you can still make it in time for the train." Grace excitedly said. I saw the light come back into her face.


"Grace, I'd love to, but we can't. I'm sorry, I'd rather just go to bed." I walked over and lied down.


"This is our last night together and you want to spend it in? I'm sorry but I don't fucking think so, Frankie."


"Can we talk later?"


"Yeah, we can, when we're getting ready for tonight."


"Grace, no."


"Frankie, yes."


Comments